Week 12's must-see moments:

Dr. Saturday

USC claims imposters are contacting coaching candidates as USC officials

View photo

.

(Getty Images)

The USC athletic department wants everyone to know that if you a call from someone offering the head coaching position, it’s not them.

That was the gist of a tweet the athletic department put out Monday afternoon, a few hours after former NFL coach Tony Dungy said he turned down the position. There were also reports Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio was contacted.

Well, at least we know what Lane Kiffin is doing with his free time.

The school also offered this statement:

"Tony's discussion on the radio today of being contacted by USC was a complete surprise to us," USC Athletic Director Pat Haden said. "So were the calls made to the Broncos. I can assure you no authorized representative of USC or our athletic department made these calls.

"As I said last week, we will not comment on every name that comes out. It would be a disservice to our players and coaches, who are devoting everything they have into the remainder of our season. We have a head coach right now in Ed Orgeron. We have not offered the job to anyone."

I guess we should all take USC at its word and not think this is an elaborate scheme to distance itself from those who have said no. Maybe there is a group of well-connected pranksters out there manipulating USC's search. Or perhaps it’s a rogue booster, who thinks he knows the direction the football program should go better than Haden.

Regardless, it’s good these charlatans didn’t call Todd Graham because we heard somewhere USC was his dream job.

- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Basketball
View Comments (11)