If the vagaries of the Bowl Championship Series continue to dominate speculation in college football, that's largely because there's something to debate. But the basic unit of measurement in the sport remains the only one in which every team controls its own fate beyond any shadow of a doubt: The conference championship. Two of them were decided last night, in the MAC and Pac-12. Six more — in the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Conference USA, WAC and SEC — will be decided today, four of them by direct, head-to-head decision. No voting. No questions asked.
• What: Game day live blog, covering every game, all day long. All colors and comments welcome, though preference is always given to snark.
• When: First kicks are at noon ET on ABC, Fox Sports Net and various incarnations of ESPN. It goes till it goes — tonight, that means at least through primetime tilts for conference championships and BCS bids in the ACC, Big 12 and Big Ten.
• Who: You and all your rowdy friends, and their trophy cases.
• How: Hit "Watch Now," enter comments into the available box and do your part to accelerate the slow, agonizing death of conventional journalism.
• Why: Because it's the last full college football Saturday of the year. Make it count.
- Bowl Championship Series