Jordan Clarkson (Getty Images)The dispute between Tulsa and star sophomore Jordan Clarkson apparently has reached an amicable conclusion.
Clarkson's father said Tulsa athletic director Ross Parmley met with the family Thursday afternoon and agreed to give the 6-4 guard permission to speak to all but four schools he has requested. Mike Clarkson declined to reveal those four schools or whether they were among the ones originally banned, but he described the compromise as "a great outcome for both parties."
"We wish nothing but the best for Jordan and his family as Jordan continues his bright career at another school," Parmley said in a statement released by the school. "I am happy that the two sides could come to an agreement that is suitable for both parties."
Mike Clarkson originally accused Tulsa of "an abuse of power" in an interview with Yahoo! Sports last week after Parmley only released Jordan to speak to three of the nine schools on his original list. That left Jordan with the option of transferring to Vanderbilt, Colorado or TCU if those schools had interest and a scholarship for him, or paying his own way at a school of his choice.
The list of schools Clarkson has since sought permission to contact has grown as coaches became aware of his intent to transfer. The schools Tulsa reportedly originally banned the San Antonio native from contacting included home-state powers Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor in addition to Missouri and Arizona.
Clarkson promises to be a coveted transfer after two strong seasons at Tulsa. He averaged a team-high 16.5 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from behind the arc last season, leading the Golden Hurricane to a 17-14 record.