1. One day after handing down its punishment in the UConn infractions case, the NCAA is expected to release a notice of allegations concerning the Tennessee football and basketball programs on Wednesday. According to FoxSports.com's Jeff Goodman, the NCAA will allege basketball coach Bruce Pearl is guilty of unethical conduct and failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance.
2. Holy Family University coach John O'Connor gives his side of the story to The Philadelphia Daily News less than a week after he was suspended for assaulting a player in practice last month. O'Connor said he was trying to instill toughness in his team after a bad loss, adding "I didn't realize Matt was hurt, but I didn't want him flopping on the ground. It was what the drill was all about, just keep competing."
3. Washington State trailed by 12 at halftime in a shocking 71-69 loss to last-place Arizona State in part because star Klay Thompson did not start as a result of being late for the team bus. Why was Thompson late? "I lost my iPod, so I was stressing there," the junior told the Seattle Times.
4. Even though Villanova is 5-6 in its last 11 games and finishes Big East play with games against St. John's, Pittsburgh and Notre Dame, guard Corey Fisher insists the Wildcats aren't worried. "This league is so good, one day you could be in third, next day you could be in fifth," Fisher told The Associated Press. "We're not worried about rankings. We're not worried about nothing."
5. The latest edition of style watch from SI.com's Luke Winn is a good read as usual. Of all the crazy looks listed there, the one that's especially eye-catching are the red-and-green Christmas LeBron Nikes that Syracuse guard Dion Waiters has sported several times this year. Somebody please tell Dion that those colors tend to clash violently with orange.
John Wall and Blake Griffin aren't the only two hoopsters who can pull off the bounce dunk in a game. This is Kansas' Josh Selby feeding Travis Releford with a bounce pass alley-oop in transition late in the Jayhawks' victory over Colorado this past Saturday.
"I'm assuming Isiah's' getting ready for the NCAA tournament." -- New York Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh taking a jab at Isiah Thomas when asked what his predecessor is up to. Thomas' woeful Florida International team is 9-17 overall and 288th in the RPI. (The New York Post)
• Colorado State at No. 7 BYU, 8 p.m. ET