1. Already a home to three Big Ten transfers, Iowa State appears to be the favorite to land another one. Ex-Michigan State guard Korie Lucious is visiting Ames on Saturday and could wind up joining ex-Spartans teammate Chris Allen, Minnesota transfer Royce White and Penn State transfer Chris Babb.
2. Instead of paying a professional to create its bland new logo, the Big Ten would have been far better off with any of these designs from an internet contest that drew 1,000 entries. The third of five finalists is a clear winner in my opinion, though No. 1 and No. 5 are also really good.
3. Mississippi State coach Rick Stansbury doesn't seem concerned by the appearance of a double standard when it comes to disciplining Renardo Sidney. Stansbury suspended Ravern Johnson for Saturday's game against LSU for a tweet complaining about not getting the ball enough but did not penalize Sidney for retweeting the same message and then complaining about the Bulldogs' fickle fans.
4. Arizona will wake up Saturday morning alone in first place in the Pac-10, an accomplishment that coach Sean Miller wants to make sure doesn't lead the Wildcats to stop working hard. The first test of how Arizona handles the role of conference front runner comes Saturday at surging Cal.
5. If Harvard is going to win its first-ever Ivy League title this season, the Crimson probably have to be near-flawless the rest of the season. Princeton handed Harvard a narrow road loss on Friday night in the first of two meetings between the Ivy League favorites, putting pressure on the Crimson to find a way to win at Penn on Saturday in order to avoid falling more than a game behind.
In addition to being the best back-to-the-basket big man in college basketball today, Ohio State freshman Jared Sullinger has a few tricks up his sleeve. Here's video of Sullinger draining a backwards over-the-head shot from midcourt prior to Thursday's Ohio State-Michigan game.
"It's getting ridiculous out here, and what they're doing to him is crazy." -- Ohio State coach Thad Matta on his belief that opposing teams are fouling big man Jared Sullinger whenever he touches the ball. (The Sporting News)
• UNLV at No. 8 BYU, 4 p.m. EST
- Korie Lucious
- Jared Sullinger