Whether it's hip-hop concerts, dance troupes or celebrity hosts, college basketball programs have tried all forms of entertainment to make their Midnight Madness events fun for fans. Seton Hall upped the bar even higher Friday night when it invited competitive eating champion Takeru Kobayashi to participate in a hotdog eating contest with coach Kevin Willard and a handful of students. Despite chants of "Let's Go Kevin" from the Seton Hall student section, Willard proved to be no Joey Chestnut. He sipped a glass of wine, held a jar of Grey Poupon and marveled as Kobayashi put down hotdog after hotdog during the minute-long contest. Naturally Kobayashi was thirsty after such a big dinner, so Seton Hall provided him with a gallon of milk. He knocked that back in 15 seconds, a feat more impressive than anything seen on Seton Hall's basketball floor in a while.
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• Orange-clad Bruce Pearl booed at Memphis Madness
• Michigan State shoots 'Tom Izzo' out of a cannon
• Georgia coach Mark Fox dons Spike Squad paint again
• Cincinnati holds its Midday Madness on an outdoor court
• Buzz Williams pokes fun at West Virginia with 'Country Roads' entrance
• Buzz Williams' moving tribute to sixth-year senior Chris Otule
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- - - - - - -