Midnight Madness produces some memorable moments each year, so The Dagger is chronicling the best ones from this year's lineup. If you spot something we missed, let us know here or here.
You could probably convince me there are a few better 1990s sitcoms than The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but there's no way you're going to make the argument any show had a more iconic intro song. As a result, I was thrilled to see the Kansas State basketball team remake the Fresh Prince theme song for its Midnight Madness Event on Friday night -- and to do such a terrific job with it no less. From his fluorescent green cap, to his haircut, to his facial expressions, Shane Southwell
is a dead ringer for Will Smith, but the Wildcat had some strong cameo stars as well. My favorite? Definitely guard Nino Jackson as the mom.
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• Orange-clad Bruce Pearl booed at Memphis Madness
• Michigan State shoots 'Tom Izzo' out of a cannon
• Georgia coach Mark Fox dons Spike Squad paint again
• Cincinnati holds its Midday Madness on an outdoor court
• Buzz Williams pokes fun at West Virginia with 'Country Roads' entrance
• Buzz Williams' moving tribute to sixth-year senior Chris Otule
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- - - - - - -
Jeff Eisenberg is the editor of The Dagger on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter!