Midnight Madness produces some memorable moments each year, so The Dagger is chronicling the best ones from this year's lineup. If you spot something we missed, let us know here or here.
Josh Kioh (via YouTube)
There's no question the above video from Division II Adams State University features one of the better dunks from any Midnight Madness event this preseason. What has proven more difficult to determine, however, is the identity of the dunker in the video. Some insisted Wednesday night it was 5-foot-10 Lee Lark
, a guard on the Adams State basketball team. Adams State sports information director Nik Schmidt told me Thursday morning he'd check with the coaches but he heard it was a player on the jayvee team. An Adams State film student who says she made the video finally tweeted Thursday morning
that it's Josh Kioh, a 5-foot-8 jayvee guard who is not on the Adams State basketball roster but does have a handful of dunk videos on YouTube
. Congrats to Kioh on a heck of a dunk. Here's a reverse angle
too for anyone interested.
Update: Schmidt emailed later Thursday morning that the dunker is indeed Kioh.
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• Orange-clad Bruce Pearl booed at Memphis Madness
• Michigan State shoots 'Tom Izzo' out of a cannon
• Georgia coach Mark Fox dons Spike Squad paint again
• Cincinnati holds its Midday Madness on an outdoor court
• Buzz Williams pokes fun at West Virginia with 'Country Roads' entrance
• Buzz Williams' moving tribute to sixth-year senior Chris Otule
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- - - - - - -
Jeff Eisenberg is the editor of The Dagger on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter!
- Sports & Recreation
- Adams State University