Only a few weeks after sitting in the student section for a Georgia football game clad head-to-toe in body paint and spikes, Bulldogs basketball coach Mark Fox found another timely occasion for a similarly outlandish outfit. Fox wore red and white face paint, dark shades and a red and black wig at Georgia basketball's Midnight Madness event over the weekend. All that was missing from his football attire were the spiked shoulder pads and shorts, which were replaced by a crisp dark suit instead. Will we see Fox dressed up like a Georgia Spike Squad member again during basketball season? Apparently not. Tweeted Fox, "Time to retire the paint until @MarkRicht requests it. The Spike Squad has it covered -- and they're awesome!"
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• Buzz Williams pokes fun at West Virginia with 'Country Roads' entrance
• Buzz Williams' moving tribute to sixth-year senior Chris Otule
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- Sports & Recreation
- Mark Fox