Midnight Madness produces some memorable moments each year, so The Dagger is chronicling the best ones from this year's lineup. If you spot something we missed, let us know here or here.
Aaron Thomas (Getty Images)
Florida State guard Aaron Thomas did the smart thing when he learned Jameis Winston
would be one of the judges for the dunk contest at the Seminoles' Midnight Madness event Friday night. Thomas decided to incorporate the Heisman Trophy candidate into his dunk. Offensive lineman Cameron Erving
snapped a football to Winston and the quarterback fired a perfect strike from mid-court to Thomas, who caught it in midair and finished the sequence with a reverse jam
. Naturally, Winston then returned to the judges table and scored the dunk a perfect 10. Thomas' creativity was good enough to win the dunk contest, which is very fitting for a football-first school like Florida State. Even on a night devoted to the basketball team, the Seminoles football program still manages to upstage it.
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- Sports & Recreation
- Jameis Winston