DeSean Jackson is determined to find the suspect or suspects who robbed his South Philadelphia home over the weekend.
The Pro Bowl wideout is even offering $50,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in connection with the robbery, according to a statement released from his camp.
"DeSean is clearly upset that his home was burglarized while he was out of town on vacation,” the statement said. “He has always felt very safe in his community, and it concerns him someone would victimize his place of residence.
“He had personal items, jewelry and a small amount of money taken in the burglary, however the amount that has been previously reported is inaccurate. The large sum that was taken was in items. He thanks everyone for their concerns, and he is confident the Philadelphia police department will find the suspects at large.”
Initial reports stated that Jackson lost $300,000 in cash and jewelry along with two semi-automatic handguns. The incident took place between Jan. 6 and the evening of Jan. 10, with Jackson out of town, according to NBC10. The burglars reportedly broke into two of Jackson's safes and stole another.
Jackson, 27, had recently wrapped up the best season of his six-year career, with personal bests in receptions (82), receiving yards (1,332) and touchdowns (nine). Two days after the season ended with a 26-24 loss to the Saints, Jackson made headlines when he said he deserved a new contract, comments he backtracked on the next day.
- Geoff Mosher, CSN Philly