We've spent the last couple of days previewing each of the eight opening-round series in the 2013 NBA Playoffs, which are set to tip off at 3 p.m. Saturday when the New York Knicks take on the Boston Celtics at Madison Square Garden. We've gone in-depth with our breakdowns of the matchups, X-factors and major storylines, we've looked at which series figure to be the most entertaining, and we've made our fearless predictions for how the postseason will unfold.
But we also wanted to hear what you thought, so in each series preview post, we asked you to vote in a poll at our Facebook page to let us know which team you thought would win each series, and in how many games. As of 1:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, here's what those of you who voted told us — if you want to make your voice heard, feel free to go check in on the chatter on Facebook, or let us know what you think in the comments below.
No. 1 Miami Heat vs. No. 8 Milwaukee Bucks
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly, Dan and Eric all said Heat in 4.
• Results from our poll: Of 84 respondents, 74 picked the Heat and 10 picked the Bucks. (Four voters picked Milwaukee in a sweep. We salute these clearly insane individuals, and appreciate their readership.)
• Most popular prediction: Heat in 4 (54 votes).
No. 2 New York Knicks vs. No. 7 Boston Celtics
• Predictions from our series preview: Dan and Eric took the Knicks in 6, while Kelly picked the Knicks in 7.
• Results from our poll: Of 169 respondents, 107 picked the Knicks and 62 picked the Celtics.
• Most popular predictions: Knicks in 5 (53 votes), Knicks in 6 (43 votes) and Celtics in 6 (42 votes).
• From the comments: Reader Ronald F. says: "I'm not a Celtic fan but I think Celts will win the series against the Knicks. Melo and J.R. Smith are the scorers for the Knicks but KG, Pierce, Green and Terry could lead the Celts in any given night. Bradley could contain Smith. Rivers got the upper hand in coaching. No doubt this is a physical game. The Celts could win it either 6 or 7 games. As a matter of fact, Celts will win Game 1 of the series."
No. 3 Indiana Pacers vs. No. 6 Atlanta Hawks
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly and Dan picked the Pacers in 6, while Eric thinks it'll be a bit quicker, taking the Pacers in 5.
• Results of our poll: Of 68 respondents, 54 picked the Pacers and 15 picked the Hawks.
• Most popular predictions: Pacers in 5 (29 votes), Pacers in 6 (22 votes).
No. 4 Brooklyn Nets vs. No. 5 Chicago Bulls
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly and Dan have the Nets in 7, while Eric expects Brooklyn to make quick work of the Bulls, picking the Nets in 5.
• Results of our poll: Of 73 respondents, 50 picked the Bulls and just 23 picked the favored Nets.
• Most popular prediction: Bulls in 6 (36 votes). Clearly, BDL-reading Bulls fans aren't too concerned about the whole "Joakim Noah can't really walk" thing.
No. 1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. No. 8 Houston Rockets
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly, Dan and Eric all took the Thunder in 5.
• Results of our poll: Of 91 respondents, 69 picked the Thunder and 22 picked the Rockets.
• Most popular prediction: Thunder in 5 (40 votes).
• From the comments: Reader Ken M. says: "Really dumb losing the last game to the Lakers. Rockets had a chance against San Antonio. No chance against Durant."
No. 2 San Antonio Spurs vs. No. 7 Los Angeles Lakers
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly and Eric picked the Spurs in 6, but Dan likes this one to end faster, taking the Spurs in 5.
• Results of our poll: Of 128 respondents, 77 picked the underdog Lakers and 51 picked the Spurs.
• Most popular predictions: Lakers in 6 (38 votes), Lakers in 7 (31 votes).
• From the comments: Reader Bruce S.: "The Spurs will capitalize on Kobe's absence, especially in crunchtime and transition. Spurs will burn them out in close games." Reader Mike H.: "With Kobe out, Howard has a chance to step up. Unfortunately for the Lakers, he's never been able to do that thus far in his career." Reader Solarina B.: "Lakers, no matter what."
No. 3 Denver Nuggets vs. No. 6 Golden State Warriors
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly and Eric have the Nuggets in 7, while Dan goes under by one, taking the Nuggets in 6.
• Results of our poll: Of 65 respondents, 33 picked the Nuggets and 32 picked the Warriors, making this one of the two most evenly divided matchups of the first round.
• Most popular prediction: Warriors in 6 (27 votes).
No. 4 Los Angeles Clippers vs. No. 5 Memphis Grizzlies
• Predictions from our series preview: Kelly and Dan both have the Clippers in 7, but Eric's going with the grit and grind, picking the Grizzlies in 6.
• Results of our poll: Like Nuggets-Warriors, this one was separated by only one vote. Of 31 respondents, 16 picked the Clippers and 15 picked the Grizzlies.
• Most popular prediction: Grizzlies in 6 (13 votes).
• From the comments: Reader Alan H. says: "Great match-up, best in the first round. Clips have more talent, Griz are grittier. I think talent overcomes in 7."