Here's a good way to kill some time in an airport or doctor's office -- but oh, not in traffic, definitely not -- NASCAR has rolled out a volume of classic races on iTunes. The races include:
• The 1998 Daytona 500: Dale Earnhardt's first Daytona win
• The 1999 Goody's 500: Terry Labonte probably won't be buying this one
• The 2000 Winston 500: The final win of the Intimidator's career
• The 1989 Southern 500: Earnhardt vs. Waltrip!
• The 1984 Talladega 500: Earnhardt's first win in the No. 3
• The Junior Johnson Story: The bio of the world's most famous bootlegger-turned-driver
• Richard Petty: 7 Wins at the Daytona 500: You can probably guess from the title
Each episode is about 45 minutes to an hour, with the exception of the Petty one, which runs nearly five hours. They're all $1.99. (And hey, while you're there, why not subscribe to our own Chrome Horn podcast? That's free.)
So check 'em out, and if you download 'em, report back to us. Yes, we know who wins, but with NASCAR, half the fun is in the experience. So fire up the grill, crack open a beer, and watch some NASCAR on your iPod. You know, just like they used to do back in the good ol' days!