NASCAR Day is on May 21, and NASCAR's charitable wing, the NASCAR Foundation, will be supporting five community service projects around the country. So how about you get up off the couch and see what you can do to help out, huh? Here are the five projects:
• Renovation of part of the Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service of Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta
• Working with Bank of America for racing-themed education at Daytona International Speedway
• Building a playground at the Kansas City Ronald McDonald House with Sprint
• Helping out A Place for Hope project near Charlotte
• Working with a youth initiative at Auto Club Speedway in California.
NASCAR Day dates to 2004, and has raised almost $8 million for various charities. You can help out by buying a $5 lapel pin or volunteering at one of the projects. For more info, check out the NASCAR Foundation's web page.