LAS VEGAS -- UFC 143 has brought us a new Nick Diaz.
That's probably not the case, but the Stockton terror showed some self-control this week at the prefight press conference and again at Friday's weigh-in. No pushing, no shoving. The main event is a go. Both main event fighters checked in at 169 pounds.
Some in the media thought Condit looked a bit drawn and may have had a tough weight cut.
Over the years, Diaz has consistently gotten a little close to his opponent during photo opportunities at pressers and weigh-ins. Frank Shamrock got the finger. He got up close and personal with Evangelista Santos. He got even closer with B.J. Penn. He almost got into it with Paul Daley. Diaz has two postfight dust ups. Once following a KJ Noons victory and the other after his teammate Jake Shields won and was approached in the cage by Jason Miller.
There was a bit of shock in seeing a thinner Roy Nelson. The former 265-pounder, once labeled a bloated truck driver by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, slimmed down to 246.
UFC 143 weigh-in (courtesy MMAjunkie)
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Carlos Condit (169) vs. Nick Diaz (169)
- Roy Nelson (246) vs. Fabricio Werdum (246)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Mike Pierce (170)
- Renan Barao (136) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135)
- Ed Herman (185) vs. Clifford Starks (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Max Holloway (144) vs. Dustin Poirier (146)
- Alex Caceres (136) vs. Edwin Figueroa (135)
- Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Cope (171)
- Jorge Lopez (169) vs. Matt Riddle (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Rafael Natal (186) vs. Michael Kuiper (183)
- Dan Stittgen (170) vs. Stephen Thompson (171)
You can watch UFC 143 right here on Yahoo! Sports