5. Rashad Evans knocks out Sean Salmon at Ultimate Fight Night: Evans vs. Salmon, January 25, 2007: Until this point, Evans was still thought of as a wrestler, and a wrestler only. His striking power had been discounted as he had not been able to finish off his two previous opponent, Brad Imes and Sam Hoger. Evans used his wrestling for much of the first round, but about a minute in to the second round, he delivered a KO kick to Salmon's head.
4. Mike Swick knocks out Jonathan Goulet at UFC Fight for the Troops, December 10, 2008: On an absolutely brutal night of fights -- it included Steve Cantwell dislocating Razak Al-Hassan's arm, Josh Koscheck's stiffening knockout of Yoshiyuki Yoshida, and Corey Hill's gross leg break -- Swick solidified his standing in welterweight division with a knockout of Goulet in just 33 seconds.
3. Anderson Silva takes out Chris Leben, Ultimate Fight Night 5, June 28, 2006: It's funny to think of Silva, one of the world's top pound-for-pound fighters who is on a ten-fight winning streak, not even being the main event for a UFN. But he had to make his Octagon debut somewhere, and it was with a lightning-quick KO of Leben.
2. Tito Ortiz ends Ken Shamrock's UFC career at Ultimate Fight Night: Ortiz vs. Shamrock, October 10, 2006: Shamrock was a cornerstone in building the UFC, but he had three losses in a row heading into this fight with Tito Ortiz, a rematch of their UFC 61 fight, and a continuation of their bitter rivalry. Ortiz was more than happy to give Shamrock a retirement party, knocking out Shamrock halfway through the first round, and a collecting a Knockout of the Night bonus along the way.
1. Kenny Florian beats Joe Lauzon at Ultimate Fight Night 13, April 2, 2008: The two up-and-coming fighters met for a highly anticipated main event of UFN 13. (An event that was originally scheduled to go two hours, but was lengthened by Spike and the UFC after fans protested.) Lauzon thought he'd have a better shot against Florian on the ground, and had a few submission attempts before Florian rocked Lauzon with an elbow that cut him on the top of the head. Florian finished off Lauzon with a mount and ground and pound in the second round.
For more looks back through the Ultimate Fighting Championship, check out the best knockouts, submissions, champions and oddities. Also, read up on UFC history by reading Yahoo! Sports' countdown, and vote for your favorite event.
- Rashad Evans
- Ultimate Fight Night
- Sean Salmon
- Tito Ortiz