ST. LOUIS -- Strikeforce held weigh-ins to for Saturday night's bouts in front of a lively crowd at the Scottrade Center in downtown St. Louis. All of the main card fighters made weight on their first attempt.
After having trouble with getting to 185 lbs. for his bout with Jake Shields, Dan Henderson looked healthy as he easily made light heavyweight at 204.5 lbs. His opponent, Renato "Babalu" Sobral also had no trouble at the scales, as a loud group of Brazilian fans and fighter cheered him on. That crowd included Fedor-slayer Fabricio Werdum, who Strikeforce announcer misidentified as the Strikeforce heavyweight champ.
Late replacement Mike Kyle had an intense staredown with Antonio Silva, who outweighed Kyle by more than 40 lbs. for their heavyweight bout. Scott Smith, who is fighting Paul Daley at welterweight, looked thin and drawn out on the scales.
• Dan Henderson (204.5) vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral (202)
• Paul Daley (169) vs. Scott Smith (170)
• Robbie Lawler (186) vs. Matt Lindland (185.5)
• Mike Kyle (219) vs. Antonio Silva (263)
• Benji Radach (205.5) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205.5)
• Fernando Bettega (170.25) vs. Wayne Phillips (171)
• Justin Lawrence (155.5) vs. Max Martytnuk (154.5)
• Terrell Brown (208.25)* vs. Patrick Cummins (205.5)
• Cortez Coleman (184.75) vs. Lucas Lopes (185)
• Tom Aaron (155.5) vs. Matt Ricehouse (156)
• Lee Brousseau (204) vs. Mike Glenn (207.25)
• Booker DeRousse (185) vs. Coltin Cole (185.5)
• Josh Epps (127.5) vs. J.W. Wright (130.5)
* - Missed weight on initial attempt; has two hours to make 206-pound limit
- Dan Henderson
- Mike Kyle