Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Cagewriter

Heavyweight Frank Mir still in UFC, taking time off

Cagewriter
Frank Mir, left, and Alistair Overeem, of the Netherlands, fight during the second round of a UFC 169 heavyweight mixed martial arts bout in Newark, N.J., Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014. Overeem won by unanimous decision
.

View photo

Frank Mir [L] absorbs a punch from Alistair Overeem at UFC 169 (AP)

 

Despite losing his last four fights, former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has not been released from the UFC, according to his manager Malki Kawa. "Yeah, he's still on the roster," Kawa told Mike Chiappetta in a recent interview.

Even though Mir is still in the UFC, he isn't yet in a rush to get back into the cage. Kawa said that the Las Vegas fighter is taking time off following his brutal loss to Alistair Overeem last month at UFC 169.

 

"He's just taking time off," Kawa went on.

"He's taking a little bit of time and we'll figure out what his next fight is going to be, and what he's going to do next. Right now we haven't come to a conclusion on that time frame yet."

Who do you want to see Mir fight upon his return? Let us know in the comments section.

Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda & @YahooCagewriter

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (46)