Before Junior Dos Santos' bout with Cain Velasquez was over, another opponent was poking fun of the former champ. Alistair Overeem was scheduled to fight dos Santos in May, but was suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission because of high testosterone levels before the fight.
JDS looks really pretty lol
— Alistair Overeem (@Alistairovereem) December 30, 2012
Ouch! Though Overeem has a beef with dos Santos, he has to get through Antonio Silva on Feb. 2 first. Overeem applied for a license this week. He will have to appear before a hearing on Jan. 8 before he is approved.
If dos Santos and Overeem do end up fighting, it won't be for the title. Velasquez beat dos Santos in a one-sided, five-round decision on Saturday night at UFC 155.
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Y! TV: Former child stars back in the spotlight
• Sean Payton agrees to 5-year extension with Saints
• Mike Dunleavy: Coaching Nets would be ‘a dream come true’
• Huge flub on Brandon McCarthy’s driver’s license
- Martial Arts
- Sports & Recreation
- Alistair Overeem
- Junior Dos Santos
- Cain Velasquez
- Nevada Athletic Commission