A few quick links to start your day ...
• Let the "will he or won't he" guessing begin when it comes to Chase Utley, his hip and whether or not he'll be ready to play on Opening Day. The World ****** Champion said rehabilitation "is progressing in a positive manner" and that he "didn't see why not" about the possibility of being in the team's first starting lineup. Prediction: This is the first of 34 updates we'll hear about MLB's premier second baseman. [Philadelphia Daily News]
• Kirk Radomski's book doesn't look as interesting as Joe Torre's. It also may contain contradictions with his sworn testimony that Roger Clemens' lawyers may try to use to their advantage. [New York Daily News]
• "You get tied up working for one weekend ... and the whole (Red Sox) universe goes to hell in a hand basket. Sean Casey? Retired. Jason Varitek? Clock is ticking. Dustin Pedroia? Brother gets arrested for child molestation." [Center Field]
• Funny, the other day I was thinking that if I could pick any two people to play a round of golf with, it'd be Evan Longoria and Michael Bolton. Today, you can find video of both discussing their golf games at the Bob Hope Classic. (I 'd actually prefer to play golf with a long-haired Bolton, but beggars shan't be choosers.) [Bugs & Cranks]
• The demolition of Shea Stadium continues. Cerrone has some video. [MetsBlog]
• Everything you've ever wanted to know (plus lots of stuff you didn't) about the Royals radio affiliate in St. Joseph, Mo. [Royals Review]