• What, a Steinbrenner admitting mistakes might have been made in the Bronx? Believe it. Says Hal Steinbrenner of the seats at new Yankee Stadium, which opens with an exhibition against the Cubs tonight: "There's no doubt that small amounts of our tickets might be overpriced." [NYDN]
• Even the Bleacher Creatures are gearing up for the opening of the new park. [NYDN]
STEW NEWS: Our NL East debate is going up later today. Check back tomorrow and Sunday for the AL Central and NL Central previews, respectively.
• A Red Sox fan thinks the Red Sox won't make the playoffs. [Obstructed View]
• Darren Rovell is doing the Lord's work by tracking down the cheapest ballpark to buy beer in Major League Baseball. [CNBC]
STEW NEWS #2: Sunday night's alright for WFC openers! Technology willing (fingers crossed), we'll be doing a liveblog of the Braves-Phillies game, so make sure to stop on by.
• In the wake of their juco loss, here are 10 reasons — count 'em, 10! — to be excited about the Pirates in 2009. [Bucs Dugout]
- Hal Steinbrenner
- Red Sox