All I know is that one minute I was thinking about what I could make for lunch (leftover chicken sandwich? turkey wrap? easy-to-make French Onion soup from Costco?)
The next I'm clicking through a link on Razzball and completely forgetting about eating for the next 2-23 days because of Pete Rose's apparent desire to imitate Jim Palmer.
I have no idea the story behind this photograph or if it's made the Internet rounds before. (UPDATE: It has. Check out Steve Carlton.) But if ol' Chuck Hustle with batting donuts and briefs isn't a candidate for the charter class of the "Things That Never Should Have Seemed Like A Good Idea" Hall of Fame, I'm not sure what is.
Now if you'll excuse me as I go check the Yellow Pages and consult friends for the name of a good therapist.
Elsewhere in the baseball blogosphere ...
• If someone's writing about the history of the baseball stirrup, best believe I'll be reading it. [NY Times — Bats Blog]
• The Red Sox have a new sideline (foul territory?) reporter and I'll be honest: Her publicity photo scares me. [Red Sox Monster]
• Clearly, a few years of history have a price, so buy this old Petco Park seat for the low, low price of $22,750 [Gaslamp Ball]
• Pat Santarone, the old groundskeeper at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium, died this week. Here's an interesting article on how he made things much easier for Brooks Robinson back in the day. [Roch Around The Clock]
• Does Ned Yost have a tattoo? If so, what does it look like? [Chuckie Hacks]
• A video tribute to the game's true heroes ... the beer vendors [Home Run Derby]