Barry Bonds' 756th homer isn't the only one celebrating a birthday on Tuesday. Also set to blow out the candles is Angels phenom Mike Trout, who opens another world of postgame possibility by turning 21.
Will Trout celebrate his unprecedented season with a frosty beverage after tonight's game in Oakland? We honestly have no idea, but we thought we'd line up a few suggestions should Trout choose to imbibe.
• Dancing Trout Ale (Bayern Brewing): " ... a German Wheat Ale, the filtered version of a true Bavarian Hefeweizen. In Bavaria this beer would be called a Kristall-Weizen (Crystal-Wheat) because of its clarity."
• Montana Trout Slayer Wheat Ale (Big Sky Brewing Company) "... a filtered wheat ale, fermented at cool temperatures, making it a smooth drinkable session beer. Brewed with Palisade, Glacier, and Mt. Hood hops, this straw colored beer is sure to please any craft beer drinker." — Beer Advocate
• Apache Trout Stout (Mogollon Brewery): " ... The smokiness and overall espresso flavor made this one a beer to remember. It went down easy, with a little bit of hops to really give this one strength. Not sure if it is a milk stout, but man it is good." —BA
• Golden Trout Ale (Mammoth Brewing): "... soft creamy mouthfeel, with some mildly sweet malt flavors up front. Finish is crisp and dry, with some faint doughy, spicy and floral hop notes." — BA
• Trout River Rainbow Red Ale (Trout River Brewing Company) " ... eatures a dash of citrus from the hops, and then a mix of malts. I might be imagining the dash of citrus, but there is certainly something in there. Sweet caramel and lightly toasted malts. A bid dose of fruity esters round things out." — BA
• Clown Question, Bro Canadian Lager (Denver Beer Co. ) "Hey, someone has to drink it ..." — BLS