That leads to a big question: What's wrong with McAfee, other than a few isolated incidents, most of which are associated with Raiders games? In an attempt to provide an answer, here are 10 concerns might be in the minds of free agents:
7. Most players too lazy to take the three-mile hike from the far-away dugouts to their position on the field.
6. Stomper, the A's elephant mascot, repeatedly tramples children at ballgames. No, not because he's vicious, but because he's an elephant.
5. Cost-cutting measure of firing the grounds crew means games have to be played with the tarp covering the infield at all times.
4. Leftover Raiders fans dressed as Darth Vader in the "Black Hole" section take to lightsaber duels using actual lightsabers, and there have been some beheadings.
3. Rather than stats, scoreboard instead shows pithy but irrelevant passages from "Moneyball."
2. Bowing to the demand for greater protection following the Frank Francisco chair-throwing incident in '04, management overreacts by installing removable grandstand so fans can throw their seats onto the field of play.
1. Ushers constantly delaying games to check with players to see if their virus protection is up to date.