Yahoo! Sports' own Jeff Passan broke the news on Monday, as baseball braced for the full list of Biogenesis suspensions. Those three hadn't publicly been linked to the Miami-area PED clinic run by Tony Bosch before Monday. We were promised a few names, and we got 'em.
Valdespin is the juiciest (pun intended) because his suspension will now punctuate a short career in which the 25-year-old has proven himself to be one of the biggest fools in the game.
Here are some of the lowlights thus far for the player who calls himself — *ahem* — "JV1":
• He spent too long admiring a ninth-inning home run in a May game in which the Mets were far behind. The next day, reports say, Valdespin tried to avoid batting because he knew he was going to get hit by a pitch in retaliation. Despite trying to make himself unavailable, he was forced to bat, got hit, then reportedly threw a tantrum in the clubhouse.reportedly called manager Terry Collins an "[expletive] sucker." The edited word is not "lollipop," FYI.
• Valdespin was suspended last week in Triple-A after being one of the instigators in a benches-clearing brawl. Tension between his Las Vegas 51s team and the opposing Sacramento River Cats started after Valdespin showboated after hitting a home run.
• He's proven to be one of baseball's most prolific selfie sharers. I'm unsure what's more embarrassing, taking that many faux-modeling pics of yourself, or me just writing "selfie sharers." Sad day for both of us.
• If we go back to spring training, Valedespin was hit in his sensitive man parts by a 94-mph Justin Verlander fastball. Afterward, Collins got upset at Valdespin for not wearing a cup. On this day, here's a good image to revisit.
More suspension video from Yahoo! Sports:
• Remember when Alex Rodriguez was likable?
• Alex Rodriguez only cares about his money
• Video: Why Major League Baseball came down hard on Alex Rodriguez
• Photos: Alex Rodriguez - The highs and lows of a fallen star's career
- Sports & Recreation
- Jordany Valdespin
- Sergio Escalona