After throwing a no-hitter against the Minnesota Twins last week, Los Angeles Angels pitcher Jered Weaver immediately started looking forward to delivering a Top Ten list on the "Late Show with David Letterman." Spending a few minutes with David Letterman has recently become somewhat of a tradition for no-no pitchers, so Weaver started getting ready to appear on one of his favorite shows.
An initial appearance, however, didn't work out in the immediate days that followed the no-hitter. But Weaver showed so much disappointment that Letterman's people finally made it work. Weaver read Tuesday's Top Ten on location from Target Field — home of the "Minneapolis" Twins as Letterman called them. And just as he had a better next start than Chicago's Philip Humber, his list was probably also funnier than the one Humber was saddled with.
Click below to find the full list if you're at work and can't watch the video:
Top Ten Signs You'll Never Throw a No Hitter
10. You wear a glove on both hands.
9. The altitude of the mounds makes you dizzy.
8. You performed your own Tommy John surgery.
6. You spend most of the game sipping cocktails in the players' wives section.
5. You can only pitch when no one's watching.
4. You're allergic to the resin.
3. The last guy you stuck out was Phil Rizzuto.
2. You're still not sure if you're a righty or a lefty.
1. Most teams don't let the mascot pitch.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Jered Weaver
- David Letterman
- Late Show with David Letterman
- Los Angeles Angels