To a Detroit TV station. On Valentine's Day, no less.
That's what you get for going to spring training, bro. Out of sight, out of mind.
Watch as Miss Upton answers the question while looking supremely annoyed:
We're not TMZ so we're not going to untangle all drama, but the crucial point of denial is Upton saying she spent New Year's in Florida while the New York Post had gossiped that she was on St. Thomas Island with Verlander.
Three possibilities here:
1. They broke up or were never actually together, but we, as good-hearted, "Bachelor"-watching Americans, just wanted to believe in Uplander so much. Now all of our hearts break.
2. Kate is pranking Justin for Valentine's Day. Wouldn't that make her hotter? Having a wicked sense of humor like that?
3. They're doing a Jay-Z/Beyonce thing where they never admit they're together until after they're married and pop out a kid.
We're sure that the men (and women) of America are pulling for No. 1. Because that would mean, yes, they still have a shot with Upton (or Verlander).
More news from the Yahoo Sports Minute:
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Watch: Favorite Michael Jordan memories
• Oscar Pistorius could face charge of 'premeditated murder'
• Katherine Webb thanks Brent Musberger for her overnight fame
• Caroline Pla, football-mad 11-year-old, kicked out of youth league for being girl
- Sports & Recreation
- Arts & Entertainment
- Justin Verlander
- Kate Upton
- Detroit Tigers