According to the team's Baracklyn website, special promotions on that day — the team's "inaugural Tuesday" — will include:
• Alternate red, white, and blue jerseys adorned with the team's new name — Baracklyn Cyclones
• FREE Barack Obama bobbleheads to the first 2,500 fans in attendance, featuring the president in a Baracklyn Cyclones jersey
• The Economic Stimulus Package: From 10 a.m. on Jan. 20 — Inauguration Day — to midnight on Jan. 23, ticket prices for the June 23 game will be "rolled back" to the Cyclones' inaugural 2001 season rates ...
• Universal Health Care: Free Band-Aids to the first 1,000 fans
• Naming Rights: Anyone named Barack gets in for free (Bring your ID on the night of the game)
There's more, including consolation tickets for anyone named McCain or Palin and a "Joe The Plumber" special. The team's jerseys will be auctioned off later and here's betting that those bobbles become hot items on eBay.
One question, though: If the team is so eager to hail the new commander in chief, why is it rolling back prices to the first year of the Bush administration?
- Barack Obama