Major League Baseball's All-Star Game festivities are upon us. The Home Run Derby begins Monday at 8 p.m. ET (TV coverage on ESPN) and the game itself begins Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET (TV coverage on Fox).
Both the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby are tough to handicap. The game generally gives stars a short window of time to impress us, so it's hard to guess who might make an impact in any given inning. Likewise, Home Run Derby prowess depends on a hitter getting hot (or cold).
But the Big League Stew crew tried our best to forecast what we'll see the next two nights. We also attempted the gargantuan task of guessing how many times Chris Berman will say "back" during the Home Run Derby telecast. Don't you dare attempt any Home Run Derby drinking game where that is one of the rules. Now on to the predictions:
In case you don't recognize a few of the faces:
• Home Run Derby winners: Chris Davis, Prince Fielder, Pedro Alvarez, Prince Fielder
• All-Star MVP: Bryce Harper, Joey Votto, Edwin Encarnacion, Mike Trout
• All-Star breakout: Jason Kipnis, Manny Machado, Paul Goldschmidt, Matt Carpenter
Chime in with your predictions in the comments.
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• D-backs' Matt Davidson wins Futures Game MVP
• Chris Davis hits home run milestone
• A-Rod, others connected to Biogenesis may consider plea deal from MLB
- Sports & Recreation
- Major League Baseball
- Home Run Derby