Thanks to House of the Bluebird for the gif. Feel free to watch it over and over and over again.
It got us to thinking: How does Shoppach's miscue compare to other notoriously bad throws? Seems like the perfect time to have a Battle of the Bad Throws. Let's look at Shoppach's competition.
1. This recent bad throw gave us many guffaws — it's ex-University of Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson who had a very, very poor showing while throwing out a first pitch last week before a Detroit Tigers game:
Eeek. And that guy is (was?) a quarterback!
* * *
2. I watched "The Sandlot" last night (and I'm still high on nostalgia after last week's 20th anniversary). So beginning-of-the-movie Scotty Smalls should be in the running here. Under-hand style, eh Smalls? You're killin' all of us. (Forgive the video. Best I could find. Skip to 1:30.)
* * *
3. The awkward throwing father and son from this recent Volkswagen commercial, which we've all seen 25 times:
* * *
4. Ex-NBAer Delonte West, as seen here in a celebrity baseball game. Obviously not setting his sights on a baseball career now that he's in the D-League.
* * *
YOUR TURN: Is anybody worse than Shoppach? Pick the worst of these throwers, or nominate another horrible throw in the comments.
Related MLB video from Yahoo! Sports:
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Manny Ramirez Jr. provides insight into his eccentric father
• Veteran Frank Mir can be Daniel Cormier's steppingstone
• Projected top-five NBA pick Marcus Smart stays in school
• Six outdoor NHL games in 2014; Yankee, Dodger Stadium included
- Sports & Recreation
- Kelly Shoppach