It's not just the snow that's blanketing the Midwest and East coast that prove winter is finally here, the preponderance of dunk videos and hoops highlights on the internets are a pretty good sign, too. Here's some of the best of this week's hidden gems, with a few more amazing football plays still in the mix. After all, we've still got at least another week or two in some states to come.
• Tyler Trosin, Folsom (Calif.) vs. Grant (Calif.): Folsom's upset of the highly-touted Grant Pacers last week was considered to be of the seismic variety, not only because they won, but because they routed the highly-favored Pacers. It's easy to see how they pulled it off when receivers like Trosin were holding on to touchdown grabs like this.
• Redd Hartman, West Jefferson (La.): We've said in the past that we don't like to use straight highlight films as part in InterTubing, but two of Hartman's first three toucdown grabs in this compilation are pretty spectacular. The third, in particular, is almost of the Randy Moss variety. How he held on to that and contorted to keep all of himself in bounds, we haven't the slightest.
• Thomas Petrocci, Robinson (Va.) vs. Oakton (Va.): It took this clip almost a month to surface, but Petrocci's impressive sideline-strattling interception was the key turning point in this Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 6 tussle. Just plays later, Robinson took in the game-winning touchdown that kept their playoff train charging on at the expense of Oakton's promising season.
• Nick Johnson, Findlay Prep (Nev.) vs. Melboune (Aust.): Nick Johnson is one of the top point guard prospects in the country, so it's not a shock to see him dominating a game. Yet the way he dominated in a recent performance against a team over older players from Melbourne, Australia at the Henderson Invitational was particularly eye-opening, with no play more impressive than this slam.
• Kendrick Nunn, Simeon (Ill.) vs. Hillcrest (Ill.): Kendrick Nunn is emerging as one of the premier sophomores in the nation, thanks to floor general skills like these at the alma mater of one Derrick Rose. If he keeps up his improvement, he might even start to get some of the hype that followed Rose's rapid ascent to NBA stardom.
• Sadi Dias, Pine View (Utah) vs. Jordan (Utah): It took a buzzer-beater to separate these two Utah rivals, with Sadi Dias hitting a runner from just beyond the free throw line after a trip down the court helped create a little more space for Pine View, which was led by Dias' 25 points.
• Jene Thomas, Bloomington (Calif.) vs. Fotana Jurupa Hills (Calif.): Bloomington took it's first win of the season in this cakewalk, so it hardly needed additional luck like the kind that helped Jene Thomas' buzzer-beating shot through the net before halftime. Yet, considering the fact that it was Thomas' birthday, perhaps he deserved it anyway.