Friday's don't just mean the end of the work week, they also signify the end of another week of great plays leaking out across the internet. Sometimes they're from hours before, sometimes they're from a week or more in the past. Either way, whenever they hit, plenty are golden.
Here's the best of this week's crop:
• Juwan "Juice" Clifton, Wake Forest-Rolesville (N.C.): Despite being an uber-talented point guard in one of the biggest hoops hotbeds in the nation, Juice Clifton hasn't been bowled over by college attention. Still, there's time for that to change for the junior with superb ball skills, as he showed with this killer crossover which has to be as good as any seen at any level so far this year.
• Jalen Griffiths, Pickering (Ont.): Haven't heard of Jalen Griffiths yet? That's probably because he's Canadian. His lack of media exposure certainly isn't connected to a lack of talent or athleticism, as he showed with this phenomenal poster jam.
• Dontel Rice, Holmes Junior Senior (Ky.): Dontel Rice isn't usually the showiest player on the court, but the 6-foot-5 senior forward absolutely exploded for this dunk which stole the show in Holmes' rout of Ryle (Ky.) High.
• Tyrek Coger, Upper Room Christian Academy (N.C.): You know how people throw around the phrase "beast mode" to describe a player who takes control with a powerful move? Well, Coger deserves the moniker on this slam, when he completely bowls over multiple defenders in the paint on a masterful flush.
• Justin Anderson, Montrose Christian (Md.): The University of Virginia is a college program on the rise, thanks to the likes of strong recruiting classes. In fact, one of the strongest incoming players the Cavs are sure to look to in the future is one Justin Anderson, who continues to absolutely manhandle prospective high school defenders, as he showed on this poster jam.
• Tag Oldham, Oswego (Kan.): As far as long distance buzzer beaters go, this one is pretty nifty. Prep Rally just want's to know if Oldham called glass. Double kudos if he did.
• Kaipo Villeza, Whittier (Calif.) California: Hoops runs in the Villeza family, with Kaipo's older sister Ericka now a star at Cypress College. The younger Villeza is now making his name with miraculous long distance shots, as he proved with this 3/4 court effort. Incredibly, it was his second buzzer beater of the year; he'd already nailed a half-courter just weeks earlier.