Across the country, high school tournaments are beginning to get into gear, and that can mean only one thing: An all hoops edition of the week's best highlights! While there are other clips more worth noting, here's some of the best viral video gems from the past seven days.
• J.J. Bosak, Andrean (Ind.) vs. Hammond Morton (Ind.): While you don't ever get to see this shot swish through the net (if you did, it would have warranted a solo post at the very least), the fact that a full-court heave tied up a heated Northwest Indiana high school game at the buzzer -- and eventually paved the way for Andrean to scrape out a victory -- is worthy of praise enough. Seriously, how did Bosak hit that shot?
• Kyle Zaffuto, Brockport (N.Y.) vs. Brighton (N.Y.): The season hasn't been too rosy for Brockport, but Kyle Zaffuto put a sheen on the team's final game with this game-winning buzzer beater from the corner, clinching a 53-52 victory over Brighton on the school's home floor.
• Zachary Snowden, Plainfield South (Ill.) vs. Plainfield East (Ill.): Though this might be the least impressive of the game-winning buzzer beaters we've highlighted this season, Snowden's putback might have had the biggest impact, clinching at least a share of the Southwest Prairie Conference Championship with a 68-67 win against their crosstown rivals, capping a furious final minute rally.
• Jabari Parker, Simeon (Ill.) vs. Benet (Ill.): Parker might be the top sophomore prospect in the nation, and he's earned that praise with plays like these. The 6-foot-7 forward wasn't just comfortable going to the hoop on the break against 7-foot future Wisconsin star Frank Kaminsky, he went to the rim and dunked on him. Needless to say, we're now officially on the Jabari Parker watch ...
• Aaric Armstead, Hales (Ill.) and Mike Shaw, De La Salle (Ill.): What's better than a great dunk in a regionally-ranked showdown. Two straight great dunks in a regionally-ranked showdown! Just check out this tet-a-tet throwdown between Aaric Armstead and Mike Shaw, representing two of Chicago's finest in a face off on Friday.
• Brock Otis, Barlow (Ore.) vs. David Douglas (Ore.): If there is a better way to punctuate a tight rivalry victory than a dunk on the break over an opponent, we haven't seen it. With that in mind, cue the young Mr. Otis, who does the honors for his Barlow squad.
• Sheldon Jeter, Beaver Falls (Penn.) vs. California (Penn.): According to Rubino Productions, the Pittsburgh-area high school sports video maven/company, this is the Pittsburgh-area's dunk of the year. We didn't see enough of its potential competitor dunks to fairly adjudge whether it's the best, but it is a heck of an impressive fast break windmill.