The British Open (or Open Championship, if you're one of those Euro-centric types) is upon us! Later this week, we'll see the crowning of a new major champion at Royal Lytham, but before that we've got plenty of talk of weather, links golf, and matters Royal and Ancient.
The tournament proper begins on Thursday while most of America will still be asleep. Barry Lane and James Driscoll will begin the Open at 1:19 a.m. Eastern; those of you on the West Coast can catch a few holes Wednesday night before bedtime.
Here are the notable players and their Thursday tee times (ET):
• John Daly (2:25 a.m.)
• Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar (3:42 a.m.)
• Darren Clarke, Ernie Els, Zach Johnson (4:09 a.m.)
• Lee Westwood, Bubba Watson (4:20 a.m.)
• Tiger Woods, Justin Rose, Sergio Garcia (4:42 a.m.)
• Rory McIlroy, Louis Oosthuizen, Keegan Bradley (9:21 a.m.)
• Luke Donald, Phil Mickelson, Geoff Ogilvy (9:43 a.m.)
The final pairing goes off at 11:11 a.m. Eastern. The complete list is right here. Get that coffee and energy drink cocktail ready, everyone!