It's time for the Devil Ball Power Rankings, our weekly look at who's up and who's down in the world of golf. Your panelists are an esteemed group of the world's greatest golf journalists ... or so our mothers tell us. Devil Ball Golf's Jay Busbee and Jonathan Wall, CBS Sports/Eye on Golf's Shane Bacon, and Golf Channel/Golf Talk Central's Ryan Ballengee bring you these, our rankings. Enjoy.
1. Rory McIlroy (4 first-place votes): Not a whole lot of doubt about RoMac's status here at the top of the charts. Really, the only question is, how long will he stay here?
2. Justin Rose: Here's a big difference between power rankings that track your current performance and the two-years-gone Official World Golf Rankings. Rose put a bow on a fine tournament at the WGC-Cadillac, and here he is.
T3. Lee Westwood: We're coming around to the key part of the season for Mr. Westwood, the time when he has to actually step up and play big tournaments against real competition.
T3. Luke Donald: A bit of a slide, plus McIlroy's rise, have bumped Donald down the ladder a bit. A major win in the next few months would go a long way toward restoring that pristine No. 1 rep, though.
5. Phil Mickelson: One win, one near-win and maybe, just maybe Phil is in line for another green jacket.
6. Hunter Mahan: Getting to be about time for the Golf Boy to make his move.
7. Charl Schwartzel: When he won the Masters, nobody really knew who he was. A year later, and ... well, he hasn't exactly taken the golf world by storm. But he's got the game to grab a win at any time.
8. Bubba Watson: Surprisingly low ranking for Mr. Watson here, but if he can close a Sunday deal, he'll be a lot higher. Anybody who drives the General Lee ought to motor up the rankings.
9. Steve Stricker: About time for Stricker to put together a decent run, isn't it?
T10. Kyle Stanley: One of us (coughBaconcough) likes Stanley so much that one high ranking put him in the top 10. Does he deserve it? You make the call!
T10. Martin Kaymer: Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Come on, Martin! Remind us who won the PGA Championship when Dustin Johnson fumbled it away a couple years back!
Also receiving votes: Johnson Wagner, Tiger Woods, Mark Wilson, Bill Haas.
All right, your turn. Thoughts on these rankings? Who belongs higher, who belongs lower? Have your say! Go!