1. Phil Mickelson: His last three starts have been a win at the Masters, a second-place finish at Quail Hollow and a top-20 at The Players Championship despite a tough week at TPC Sawgrass. He is the favorite anytime he enters an event, and is my early pick to with at Pebble Beach.
2. Tim Clark: The breakthrough win at The Players boosted him up the rankings, but we can't forget Clark has four top-10s and six top-25s this season.
3. Jim Furyk: The man that couldn't buy a win now has two in 2010, and followed the two wins in less than a month with a top-10 at the Masters.
4. Robert Allenby: Another man that has just been dirty consistent this season, Allenby's second-place finish at Sawgrass was his fourth of the season, and he has eight top-25s.
5. Rory McIlroy: The incredible 62 in the final round at Quail Hollow might go down as the round of the year on the PGA Tour. It gave the now 21-year-old McIlroy his first win on the PGA Tour and second nationwide in just two seasons.
6. Ernie Els: His back-to-back victories at the CA Championship and Arnold Palmer Invitational were reason to make us believe that Els could compete again at a major championship, but he struggled at Augusta and missed the cut at The Players.
7. Hunter Mahan: He won earlier this year in Phoenix, and has played reasonably consistent the last few weeks, with a top-10 at the Masters, and two top-20s at Quail Hollow and Sawgrass.
8. Matt Kuchar: No wins this season for Kuchar but that hasn't stopped him from leapfrogging just about everyone on the FedEx Cup list with his play. Nine top-25s in just 13 events, including a second, a third and two other top-10s.
9. Anthony Kim: Surgery for an injured thumb has dropped Kim well down the list, but his last three events were a victory in Houston, a third-place finish at the Masters and a tie for seventh at Quail Hollow. It's been tough seeing him have to go under the knife after that stretch.
10. Dustin Johnson: He's missed only two cuts this season, has a win at Pebble Beach, and has been steady the last few weeks. With the U.S. Open upcoming at one of his favorite venues, you'd have to think the state of Johnson's game has him licking his lips.
- PGA Tour
- Quail Hollow
- TPC Sawgrass