It was a fine October at Devil Ball, highlighted by the drama of the Ryder Cup. Did you miss a day or more? It's okay, we've got you covered. Just don't let it happen again.
• The Ryder Cup was drama-filled right till the final moments, and even though the Euros won, it was one of the best tournaments of the year.
• Hunter Mahan had trouble keeping it together after the Ryder, and Phil Mickelson was there to bail him out.
• It seems like Cigar Guy has been with us forever, but believe it or not, he made his first appearance in October.
• The rain in Celtic Manor fell mainly on the soaking-wet U.S. team, apparently.
• The "who's No. 1?" debate consumed much of the month, but we made the case that Martin Kaymer should be Global Player of the Year.
• Rocco Mediate had the best finish of the year, until ...
• ... Jonathan Byrd carded the first-ever walkoff ace to win a golf tournament.
• Oh, and just before the same tournament, Anthony Kim tore the roof off Las Vegas.
• The Grand Slam of Golf happened. We think. We haven't met anybody who actually watched it.
• The spectacular Ben Crane workout video. We can't stop watching.
• Silly LPGA, ruling that you have to be born a woman to play in their league.
• Tiger Woods' half-brother said Earl Woods would be "very disappointed" in Tiger's behavior. A more recent interview with the author of a new Tiger/Earl biography suggests otherwise.
• Oh, and Bubba Watson is insane.
So there you have it. A memorable month all the way around. Enjoy November around these parts!