Webb Simpson and Bubba Watson, chill dudes chillin'. (Getty Images)
It's time for the latest Devil Ball Power Rankings, our look at who's up and who's down in the world of golf. Your panelists are an esteemed group of the world's greatest golf journalists ... or so our mothers tell us. Devil Ball Golf's Jay Busbee and Jonathan Wall, CBS Sports/Eye on Golf's Shane Bacon, and Golf Channel/Golf Talk Central's Ryan Ballengee bring you these, our rankings. Enjoy.
1. Webb Simpson (4 first-place votes). Follows up a win at the U.S. Open with a T29 at the Travelers. That's impressive; we'd have followed up a win at the U.S. Open with a five-day bender. Last week: 1.
2. Jason Dufner. Didn't play at the Travelers, which is too bad, because he's finished T4 or better in his last five tournaments. Last week: 3.
3. Bubba Watson. Made a late charge this weekend, but didn't quite have enough to get it done. Should've hit more out of the woods. Last week: NR.
4. Lee Westwood. Take heart, Lee. The British is coming soon. Last week: 2.
5. Luke Donald. He seems a little mild-mannered to wrap a club around a tree when he screws up. Perhaps that's the problem. Last week: T4.
T6. Hunter Mahan. Ended up just outside the top 10 at the Travelers. Still, finishing with a 61 is no small accomplishment. Last week: NR.
T6. Matt Kuchar. Another week, another top-10 finish for Kuch, this one a gem where he didn't shoot above 68 in any round. Ho-hum. Last week: 6.
8. Tiger Woods. Quiet last week, but he'll be back at Congressional and chances are someone will pay some attention to him. Last week: T4.
9. Rory McIlroy. He's in Ireland for the Irish Open, and with Graeme McDowell and Darren Clarke in tow, it ought to be a fine weekend of golf. Plus, Ireland. Last week: 8.
10. Marc Leishman. If you come back to this story in three hours, he'll have climbed to the top. Last week: NR.
Dropping out of the rankings: Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler, Graeme McDowell.
Also receiving votes: Rory Sabbatini, Casey Wittenbug, Justin Rose, Graeme McDowell, Rickie Fowler.
All right, your turn. Who belongs where?
- Sports & Recreation