Another Tommy John success story (USAT)
The first rule of baseball in September - consider everything tentative. Plans change, pitchers get shut down, teams do funny things as they prepare for the post-season or the off-season.
I don't know yet who the Yankees are starting on Wednesday (it won't be Sabathia), thus you get 29 probables for now.
Go chase the ring, Stream Police.
1. Cole Hamels (@Mia): Star-crossed year but love the draw.
2. Hisashi Iwakuma (KC): AL's most underrated for two years.
3. Max Scherzer (@Min): Not strongest finish but obviously you use him.
4. Madison Bumgarner (LAD): Loves the home cooking (2.33/1.00).
5. Jordan Zimmermann (@StL): He's been super in six straight.
6. David Price (@NYY): Likely favorite over undisclosed Yankees starter.
7. Francisco Liriano (@ChC): Despite wildness, he's owned the Cubs over four turns (1.24/0.86).
8. Ricky Nolasco (@SF): Homers not as much a problem this year.
9. Ervin Santana (@Sea): The unheralded comeback of the year.
10. Shelby Miller (Was): Looks fatigued down the stretch.
11. Jered Weaver (Oak): Off a layoff, hard to know what we'll get.
12. Danny Salazar (CWS): Say yes to the strikeouts.
13. Randall Delgado (@SD): On a solid run and the park helps.
14. Dan Straily (@LAA): Ratios jump for road assignments (4.35/1.31), though one LA turn was fine.
15. Kyle Lohse (@Atl): Working class hero, what you see is what you get.
16. Martin Perez (Hou): More walks than strikeouts over last three.
17. Esmil Rogers (@Bal): Sneaky-effective lately, but secondary numbers skeptical.
18. Ian Kennedy (Ari): Switch to Padres hasn't saved him (4.65/1.41).
19. Paul Maholm (Mil): Might give you six effective innings.
20. Jake Peavy (@Col): You never know how they'll handle Coors.
21. Bud Norris (Tor): He's been hit hard since the deal.
22. Kevin Correia (Det): Underrated arm but you can't use him in this spot.
23. Jake Arrieta (Pit): Solid for Cubs despite messy K/BB (22/36).
24. Daisuke Matsuzaka (@Cin): Too much bad history here.
25. Brad Hand (Phi): Aloha, Mr. Hand.
26. Greg Reynolds (NYM): Pedigree from way back, but still feels too speculative.
27. Dylan Axelrod (@Cle): Wheels starting to come off.
28. Dallas Keuchel (@Tex): Even against slumping Rangers, no way.
29. Roy Oswalt (Bos): Hurry up and grab a bat.
Some names for Thursday: Trevor Cahill, Robbie Erlin, Mark Buehrle, Miguel Gonzalez, Dillon Gee, Zach McAllister. Good luck, gamers.
- Sports & Recreation
- Madison Bumgarner
- Cole Hamels
- Max Scherzer
- Jordan Zimmermann