Get your citrus drink ready (USAT)
With a bunch of tight ends on the injury report, we'll flip the usual ordering of our weekly doctor visit and start with the WR/TE grab. Please have your paperwork and copay ready.
• Julius Thomas (knee) had two full practices Thursday and Friday, setting him up for an expected return against Tennessee. The Broncos list him as probable. Have a day, Orange Julius.
• The Patriots have ruled out Aaron Dobson (foot), but things aren't as clear with Kenbrell Thompkins (hip). You're in the playoffs, you don't need to go this deep. Keep rolling with the usual kids in this passing game, Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman and (maybe) Danny Amendola.
Gronkowski, incidentally, is listed as questionable on the injury report (hamstring/back/forearm), but he's expected to play his normal role.
• Vincent Jackson (hamstring) isn't 100 percent, though he did log two partial practices at the end of the week. The Bucs list him as questionable. It's an early start against Buffalo, so we'll know the story in time.
• Jordan Reed (post concussion) did limited work the past two days and seems likely to play against KC, but you remember what happened last week. Have a fallback plan ready.
• Percy Harvin (hip) remains week-to-week. We know he won't go at San Francisco. In non-keeper formats, I don't see any reason to hold-and-hope.
• Tony Gonzalez is expected to play through his toe injury, though he's listed as questionable.
• The Chargers aren't listing Antonio Gates (hamstring) on the injury report. I'm still too worried to use him in most formats.
• Dennis Pitta (hip) might be ready to play this week for Baltimore. You can't start him in Week 14, but maybe there's value in the following games.
• Denarius Moore (shoulder) isn't ready to play. No reason to carry this guy through the balance of 2013. Andre Holmes has some deep-league value.
• Delanie Walker (post concussion) missed the week of practice and although he's been tagged as questionable, it doesn't seem like he'll play at Denver.
• Anthony Fasano (concussion) won't play at Washington. Sean McGrath is the fill-in, and Alex Smith loves throwing between the numbers.
• Le'Veon Bell (post concussion) had a good week of practice and is listed as probable. Sounds like he's ready to go against Miami.
• Reggie Bush (calf) did some work Friday after missing the previous two days. The Lions list him as questionable. Looks like Bush will play at Philly, with Joique Bell the intriguing backup. At least game timing is your friend - Detroit has an early kickoff.
• Adrian Peterson (groin) had a limited workout Friday after two days off. Context clues point to him playing his normal role at Baltimore, though he is listed as questionable. Do your diligence and check in with Peterson before the 1 pm ET kickoff.
• Darren McFadden (ankle) isn't going to play at the Jets, but things are iffy with Rashad Jennings (post concussion). He had a week of limited practices. To make things trickier, the Jets - for all their flaws - are a very good run-stopping team.
• Andre Ellington (knee) is a tricky fantasy commodity, in a secondary role and coming off a missed week. Nonetheless, he did take a full practice Friday and it sounds like he'll play against St. Louis.
• Daniel Thomas (ankle) took some work Friday after two days off. It's hard to imagine him doing anything of note at Pittsburgh.
• Brandon Jacobs (knee) won't go at San Diego, pushing more on Andre Brown's plate.
• Maurice Jones-Drew (hamstring) had a nifty game against Houston on Thursday, but he had an MRI on Friday, nonetheless. Something to track into Week 15. Jones-Drew is playing for a new contract, extra incentive to stay on the field.
• Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) is out for Week 14 and there's no clear timetable in place. The Packers overall are a week-to-week proposition, fighting for their playoff lives. Matt Flynn starts against Atlanta.
• Carson Palmer (elbow) missed some reps this week and the Cardinals listed him as questionable, a true game-time decision. That said, Bruce Arians had positive things to say about Palmer in the media meet-and-greet Friday. I'm not afraid to dial up the Arizona receivers here.
• Jason Campbell (post concussion) has been cleared to start for the Browns, good news for the Josh Gordon players.
• Matt Cassel will start for the Vikings, taking over for Christian Ponder (concussion).
• Jay Cutler (ankle) won't play Monday against Dallas. Keep doing what you do, Josh McCown.
• Case Keenum has been named Houston's Week 15 starter. The Texans are clearly in evaluation mode. Head coach Gary Kubiak was fired Friday; Wade Phillips will run the team for the final three games.
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Orange Julius
- Julius Thomas