Whisper to a Stream (USAT)
The usual full slate of Friday games is upon us, which means we have 30 pitchers to consider. Dig in, use responsibly. And for the love of all things holy, why are you still rolling with that New York lefty?
[Play Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football: The No. 1 free fantasy football game!]
1. Max Scherzer (CWS): Ratios moving up but strikeouts remain delicious.
2. Jordan Zimmermann (Mia): He's rounded back into form and it's a nice matchup.
3. Bartolo Colon (Min): Big park, soft opponent, another win for science.
4. David Price (Bal): ERA doesn't match WHIP or secondary numbers; still, obvious play.
5. Cole Hamels (NYM): Pitched much better than 8-13 record.
6. Mat Latos (@Pit): Pittsburgh not the ideal opponent but you still plug and play.
7. Shelby Miller (@Mil): Only one bad start since beginning of July.
8. Ervin Santana (Tex): Better on the road but Circle of Trust status everywhere.
9. Jon Lester (Tor): Finishing strongly, though he never feels like an ace.
10. Francisco Liriano (Cin): Prince of PNC Park: 1.37 ERA, 0.99 WHIP.
11. Martin Perez (@KC): Modest strikeout numbers dull the buzz somewhat.
12. Zach McAllister (Hou): Missing more bats since the return; Astros will swing and miss.13. Erasmo Ramirez (@LAA): Five straight useful starts before hiccup in St. Louis.
14. Jhoulys Chacin (Ari): Somehow, he's beating the park. Still makes me nervous.
15. CC Sabathia (SF): Ownership level ignores second half (6.58/1.64).
16. Brett Oberholtzer (@Cle): Surprise package for Astros, maybe worth a tire kick.
17. Tim Lincecum (@NYY): Not the best park for what he's selling.
18. Jason Hammel (@TB): My head scout has always liked him.
19. Paul Maholm (@ChC): Last three turns have been useful, if not spectacular.
20. Esmil Rogers (@Bos): A surprise of late but good luck in Fenway.
21. Scott Baker (Atl): Memories of Minnesota buzz get hazier and hazier.
22. Randall Delgado (@Col): WHIP tidy of late but how can you use him at Coors?
23. Andrew Albers (@Oak): Four strong turns, four ratio-ruining ones.
24. Andre Rienzo (@Det): Disqualified for the messy K/BB ratio.
25. Jacob Turner (@Was): Unlikely to work deep in game, limited upside.
26. Robbie Erlin (LAD): Another young arm trying to figure it out.
27. Edinson Volquez (@SD): There's no part where I'd trust him.
28. Matt Shoemaker (Sea): Gets the call for scratched Weaver.
29. Daisuke Matsuzaka (@Phi): Strikeout numbers reasonable but I'm gun shy.
30. Johnny Hellweg (StL): Obviously you're not this desperate.
- Sports & Recreation
- Jordan Zimmermann
- Max Scherzer
- Bartolo Colon