Setting the stage for the remainder of the fantasy basketball season.
Pickups/Plug-ins – Players owned in fewer than 40% of Yahoo! leagues
**Note: below is a collection of notable players with ownership levels under 40 percent. Whether or not an individual player makes sense for your roster depends on who you'd be dropping, team needs, and your opponent's strengths/weaknesses in the upcoming matchup. Please post your specific questions in the comments section below.
Fringe options or category specialists: Bill Walker(notes), Matt Barnes(notes), Yi Jianlian(notes), Ryan Gomes(notes), James Harden(notes), Quentin Richardson(notes), Hasheem Thabeet(notes), JaVale McGee(notes), Ronny Turiaf(notes), Tyson Chandler(notes), Toney Douglas(notes), Shaun Livingston(notes), Sonny Weems(notes), C.J. Watson(notes), Delonte West(notes), Kyle Lowry(notes), Antoine Wright(notes), Earl Watson(notes), Carlos Arroyo(notes), Darko Milicic(notes)
Deep-league or speculative adds: Ersan Ilyasova(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Chase Budinger(notes), Kurt Thomas(notes), Nick Young(notes), Jared Dudley(notes), C.J. Miles(notes), Larry Hughes(notes), Serge Ibaka(notes), Luke Ridnour(notes), Steve Blake(notes), Matt Bonner(notes), Chris Duhon(notes), Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes), Ben Wallace(notes), Jermaine Taylor(notes)
• Monta Ellis(notes) – Ellis is out again Sunday because of the flu and remains questionable through Saturday, while the Warriors are on their current road trip. He's currently awaiting blood test results that will ultimately help determine his availability.
• Richard Hamilton(notes) – Rip has missed the past three games with a right ankle sprain and isn't in a situation where returning to the lineup makes much sense, let alone coming back for major minutes. The Pistons have lost 11 straight and 18 of their past 20 games.
• Stephen Jackson(notes) - S-Jax pulled himself from Saturday's game because of the effect his hamstring injury was having on his play (25 minutes, 8 points, 3 of 12 FG) and Larry Brown said he'd consider shutting him down if that's what it would take to get him healthy for the playoffs. Jackson hopes it won't come to that, and added that he'd only agree to it if the Bobcats clinch a playoff spot [standings]. Larry Hughes (26 minutes, 14 points, 4 of 14 FG Saturday) would be the major beneficiary if Jackson were to sit.
• Joe Johnson(notes) – Johnson missed Saturday's game because of a sprained right thumb and his availability for Tuesday has yet to be determined. Maurice Evans(notes) got the start in his place (26 minutes, 10 points, 4 boards).
• Andrei Kirilenko(notes) – AK has missed 10 of the past 12 games because of a strained left calf and has already been declared out for Tuesday. He estimated Saturday that he'd be able to return to practice within three or four days, although he declined to say when he might be able to return to the active roster.
• Anderson Varejao(notes) – Varejao (hamstring) missed his fourth consecutive game Sunday, with Mike Brown calling it a precautionary move, given the Cavs' fairly firm grip on the top overall playoff seed.
Photos via Getty Images