• Rudy Gay(notes) underwent a Monday MRI on his ailing left shoulder and delivered this message shortly thereafter: "I hate bad news." He's going to need another week (or two) of rehab and then will be re-evaluated. This is unfortunate but perhaps not surprising, given that he was dealing with pain during any sudden movements just two days ago. Gay becomes a bit more expendable with this news, even to those of you currently on a bye, so natually the consideration becomes which player to add. If you are idle this week, you can look for Eric Gordon(notes) or Tyreke Evans(notes) as other speculative pieces - we should have updates on both players within the next few days, but both are 50-50 in terms of impending and productive returns. Otherwise, take a gander at part II of the Week 21 Dashboard for a comprehensive breakdown of the most relevant, widely-available players.
• Steve Nash(notes) sat out Sunday because of pubic-symphysis irritation, a condition that also caused him to miss two games in November. He's dealing with a lot of pain and remains questionable for Monday, which means that Aaron Brooks(notes) could get another start (30 minutes, 19 points, 10 assists Sunday) and has some hope of regular minutes the rest of the way. But Nash is certainly going to make every effort to play in the short-term, as the Suns are just 1.5 games behind the Grizzlies for the final playoff spot in the West. This is going to be impossible to predict from a game-to-game basis as it currently stands, so Nash and Brooks' fantasy owners need to prepare themselves for a consistently high degree of uncertainty. [Suns schedule]
• Other status updates: Kobe Bryant's(notes) ankle feels much better but he'll still be a game-time decision on Monday ... Al Horford(notes) (ankle) says he will play Tuesday ... Danny Granger(notes) is officially day-to-day and realistically questionable for Tuesday because of strep throat ... Paul Millsap(notes) (knee) is out again Monday ... Carlos Boozer(notes) is targeting Thursday for his return ... For the Nugs, Danilo Gallinari(notes) is out, Arron Afflalo(notes) is a game-time decision Monday ... Marcus Camby(notes) (knee) and Nicolas Batum(notes) (ankle) are both expected to be active on Tuesday ... Luis Scola(notes) (knee) is doubtful for Monday ... Kendrick Perkins(notes) (knee) is targeting Wednesday for his Thunder debut ... Beno Udrih(notes) (flu) is a game-time decision Monday ... Andray Blatche(notes) is out Monday.
• Monday's most added players (as of pm 3pm PT): Tyler Hansbrough(notes), Nenad Krstic(notes), Francisco Garcia(notes), Gerald Henderson(notes), Jeff Teague(notes), Jodie Meeks(notes), Shawne Williams(notes), Reggie Evans(notes), Ty Lawson(notes), and Toney Douglas(notes)
• Monday's most dropped players (as of pm 3pm PT): Ramon Sessions(notes), Jarrett Jack(notes), Rudy Gay, Tyreke Evans, Channing Frye(notes), Toney Douglas, Arron Afflalo, Amir Johnson(notes), Hakim Warrick(notes), and Wes Johnson(notes)
These and many more topics will be discussed in the Monday live blog, so stop by and participate in the discussion or just lurk and take it all in. We'll get started at 7pm PT/10pm ET.
Check the comment thread for status updates or to post your own.
photo via Getty Images