Ersan Ilyasova (Getty)
• Still trying to decide between Ekpe Udoh (29% owned) and Bismack Biyombo (31% owned) for the stretch run? Udoh has averaged 33 minutes, 12 points on 53-percent shooting, 84-percent foul shooting, 5.5 boards, 0.5 steals, and 2 blocks in his six starts. Biyombo has averaged 31 minutes, 8.2 points on 46-percent shooting, 47-percent foul shooting, 10 boards, 0.8 steals, and 2.8 blocks in five starts since returning from his shoulder injury and Boris Diaw's removal from the Bobcats' rotation. A look at those numbers should tell you that team needs dictate the proper course of action, and that's reinforced by the similar schedules. The Warriors have a league-high 28 games through the end of the season (4-5-4-4-4-5-2), followed closely by the Bobcats' 27 games (4-3-4-4-5-4-3). If you can handle the sizable efficiency drag, then Biyombo's standout defensive numbers should be the add - remove FT% from the equation and he's been a top-50 player in recent weeks. In most other scenarios, go with Udoh's solid overall contributions that lack a major categorical drawback.
• Devin Harris had another one of his good games against the Pistons on Monday (30 minutes, 19 points, 9-10 FT, 2 threes, 8 assists, 2 steals), but he's been as inconsistent as they come this season [game log]. There's no way to give a ringing endorsement here, but what is working in his favor for h2h managers is that the Jazz are one of six teams with 21 games through the end of the h2h playoffs (5-4-4-4-4).
• Al Jefferson played Monday's game with a heavy heart after losing his grandmother, and dedicated the win and his big performance (36 minutes, 33 points, 14-18 FG, 12 boards, 2 blocks) to her. Jefferson is expected to be with the Jazz for their Wednesday/Thursday back-to-back (@PHO, MIN) and then miss both weekend games to be with his family (Sat GSW, Sun @LAL).
• Status updates: Stephen Curry was a full participant in Tuesday shootaround but is a game-time decision .. Ray Allen's left ankle injury is not serious .. Manu Ginobili is questionable for Wednesday with a hip flexor injury .. Spencer Hawes was a full go in practice on Tuesday and is expected to be active on Wednesday .. Kevin Martin (shoulder) did not participate in Tuesday shootaround and is questionable .. For the Grizzlies: Rudy Gay (concussion) has officially been ruled out for Tuesday; Zach Randolph did not participate in shootaround and is not likely to play .. Michael Beasley is expected to miss some time because of a sore toe .. Corey Maggette left Monday's game with a back strain but says he should recover quickly.
• Scanning the Buzz Index leaders: Mike Dunleavy played another 36 minutes Monday and has now averaged 15.4 points, 1.9 threes, 4.8 boards, 3.8 assists, and 1.3 steals in 34 minutes over his past eight games. Skiles' shrinking rotation has been a boon for Dunleavy .. Steve Novak was helping plenty of fantasy owners when he was hitting four or five threes with regularity. Amar'e's minutes are up a bit, and the threes have fallen off over the past four games (19 minutes, 1.8 threes), so it's the rest of his line that stands out (3 boards, 0 assists, 0.3 steals, 0.3 blocks) .. Scott Skiles has yet to turn away from Carlos Delfino, who has averaged 33 minutes while shooting 28 percent from the field and 26 percent from three over his past 11 games. Delfino's "other" stats have stayed useful because of the playing time (1.2 threes, 4 boards, 3.2 assists, 1.6 steals), so stay tuned in the event those shots start falling again .. Just when you write him off, Dorell Wright goes off for 20 points, four threes, two steals, and a block in 31 minutes. Your guess is as good as mine .. J.J. Barea's role with the T-Wolves only figures to expand down the stretch, assuming he can stay healthy, and he's averaged 13.8 points on 50-percent shooting, 2 threes, and 3.6 assists when he's seen at least 25 minutes this season.
- Ersan Ilyasova