Here's a (very) small collection of NFL notes you may have missed on Thursday, while the Broncos were just trying to win a [expletive] game...
• Cedric Benson(notes) (hip) returned to the practice field, but only for rehab work. He'll try for real on Friday. His status for Sunday remains in doubt. You just can't make that call today. Make sure that Bernard Scott(notes) is on call for fantasy purposes, because Cincinnati faces Cleveland in Week 12. The Browns, as you might have heard, aren't good. Cleveland's defense allows 154.9 rushing yards per game and 4.6 per carry. [Cincinnati Enquirer]
• Michael Turner(notes) (ankle) has at least a chance to play in the Week 12 matchup against the NFL's worst run defense. He and Jerious Norwood(notes) both returned to practice on Thursday. Here's the word from head coach Mike Smith(notes): "Jerious is definitely ahead of Mike. Mike is probably going to down to the wire in terms of a game-time decision on if he's going to be able to play or not." Beware, Snelling adders. [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
• On Wednesday, Steven Jackson (back) declared, "I'm expecting to play Sunday." But on Thursday he missed another day of practice. The handcuffs are Samkon Gado(notes) and Kenneth Darby(notes), though you can almost certainly do better if S-Jax can't go. At the moment, we expect him to play. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
• Julius Jones(notes) (lung) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, but he won't commit to facing the Rams in Week 12. Justin Forsett(notes) continues to look like a strong play. [Tacoma News Tribune]
• Knowshon Moreno(notes) appeared to injury his left wrist late in the Thursday night's mauling of the Giants, but he returned for a carry on Denver's final series. In case you're among the brave few still starting Eddie Royal(notes), he injured a thigh in the first half and didn't return. [NFL.com]
Photo via Getty Images