A pretty good card, all things considered. But remember the golden rule of September baseball: consider everything tentative.
We're at 29 starters for now because Andy Pettitte is being pushed back a day. As we go to post, it's not clear who the Yankees will use in his place.
I'll list some Saturday considerations at the bottom of this blog. And again, by all means, scour everything you can to see the late changes and adjustments - teams do a lot of weird stuff at this time of the season. Assume nothing. Double-check everything. Good luck in the final weekend.
1. Clayton Kershaw (Col): Get out the engraving, Cy Young lock.
2. Chris Sale (KC): No luck with wins but a terrific year.
3. Kris Medlen (Phi): Another dominating finish, like 2012.
4. Bartolo Colon (@Sea): Bankable all year and you like the assignment.
5. Cliff Lee (@Atl): had a hiccup in July but otherwise terrific.
6. Homer Bailey (Pit): It was a step-up year after all.
7. James Shields (@CWS): Did what the Royals expected him to do.
8. Felix Hernandez (Oak): Hasn't been sharpest of late but how can you bench him?
9. Stephen Strasburg (@Ari): Too good to bench but something always seems to go wrong with him.
10. Yovani Gallardo (@NYM): Came around eventually, but too late for many.
11. Alexi Ogando (LAA): Arlington always makes me nervous.
12. Clay Buchholz (@Bal): Three good-not-great starts since return, hasn't gone deep in game yet.
13. Rick Porcello (@Mia): Strikeout spike is encouraging.
14. Travis Wood (@StL): Give this man a Wiggy.
15. Corey Kluber (@Min): Hard to say how healthy he is, but you like the draw.
16. Lance Lynn (ChC): Three strong turns after an extended slump.
17. Burch Smith (@SF): Strikeouts catch your eye and big park helps.
18. Scott Feldman (Bos): Not playoff bound but was reliable in final quarter.
19. A.J. Burnett (@Cin): About as consistent as a paper cup in a hurricane.
20. Brett Oberholtzer (NYY): Pitch-to-contact story, though he's been excellent.
21. Carlos Torres (Mil): Can miss bats, in the right league.
22. Patrick Corbin (Was): Hard to trust after a rocky stretch.
23. R.A. Dickey (TB): With the knuckler, no one knows.
24. C.J. Wilson (@Tex): High-variance arm and in the wrong park.
25. Jeremy Hellickson (@Tor): Even if this were in Tampa, I'd pass.
26. Tom Koehler (Det): You need to wait for better spots.
27. Ryan Vogelsong (SD): Loved the comeback story but it expired in 2013.
28. Pedro Hernandez (Cle): Wait for the weekend, gamers.
29. Collin McHugh (@LAD): A poor isolated choice and even worse against Kershaw.
Considerations for Saturday: Charlie Morton, Bronson Arroyo, Scott Kazmir, Yusmeiro Petit, Jimmy Nelson, Joe Kelly, Andy Pettitte (moved back a day), Brandon McCarthy, Yordano Ventura, Nathan Eovaldi (unfortunately, against Detroit).