Now that the Stanley Cup Final is here, that means a bunch of media that never touch hockey in Chicago and Boston will attempt to add puck to their coverage with the naïve befuddlement of a Neanderthal watching a satellite launch.
WCIU in Chicago has a morning show called “You & Me This Morning”, described as “real women, real Chicago, real fun.” Watch as they get real about hockey with some locals. Then wince. Then cry.
What we learned from this segment.
• The Redskins are, apparently, a hockey team. Oh, and all the critics of the NHL’s lack of crossover appeal and poor market penetration beyond the local team now have further video evidence.
• That said, Gary Busey knows a [expletive] ton about hockey.
• Women like the masculine battle of hockey, where the players try to get the puck and score the point.
• That said, women don’t like injuries, hence they don’t play hockey.
• The high for today in Chicago is 73 degrees, with showers expected.Read More »from Do men and women feel differently about hockey? Chicago morning show’s hacky investigation (Video)