With doors at team facilities opening for business later this week, it's time for fantasy owners to fine tune their minds for the upcoming season. Same goes for the Roto Arcade crew. Monday-Wednesday this week we'll share four rounds/day from our annual mock exercise, a 10-team, non-PPR draft. Peruse. Ponder. And trash our picks in the comments section below.
1. Pierre Garcon, WR, Was — I'm not as enthusiastic about Washington's offense as most, but I'm happy to draft Garcon at a spot where I won't actually need to use him most weeks. Roddy, Smith and D-Jax are starting for this team. Others considered: Brown, Celek, Tamme (Behrens)
2. Donald Brown, RB, Ind — The Colts are talking about Brown as if they expect him to be a workhorse. Or possibly a mini-workhorse. (Teacup workhorse? Work-pony?) This team went RB-RB-RB at the top of the draft, so this pick isn't too risky. Others considered: A pile of QBs. But in a 10-team league, I'll get one (Behrens)
3. Reggie Wayne, WR, Ind — Once caught passes from Johnny Unitas he's been with the Colts so long, but still a savvy route runner with a little something left in the tank. Quality WR3 in what will be a high-volume passing attack under Andrew Luck. Others considered: Mike Williams, Titus Young (Evans)
4. Titus Young, WR, Det — Nate Burleson isn't exactly a spring chicken. Young dethrones him as the Lions' WR2 in short order. Convinced a 70-1000-8 season is right around the corner. Others considered: Mike Williams (Evans)
5. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Car — It's a gridlock situation in Carolina, but this is still a back with a career 5.1 YPC - and he's my fourth option. Others considered: Patriot backs, a QB to spite someone, Mark Ingram (Pianowski)Read More »from Roto Arcade mock final act, Rounds 9-12